According to the national forestry Act 1984 (revised 1993)
- Fine not exceeding five hundred thousand ringgit and to imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than one year but shall not exceed twenty years.
Section 15 –Removal licence is required for the removal of forest produce from certain land.
Section 40 – Removal licence is required for the removal of forest produce from certain land such as alienated land, land held under a temporary occupation licence, mining land or reserved land,
Section 86 – Penalty for counterfeiting or defacing, or possessing implements for counterfeiting, marks on trees and timber and altering boundary marks.
- Fine not exceeding fifty thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.
(Includes offenses such as illegal employment or illegal activities in the Permanent Forest Reserve; Removing the forest produce not at the place and time specified; Take or collect any forest products include rattan, fruits, herbs, minerals, and remove or dispose of any waste, Prohibition to burn and prevent officers from carrying out their duties or refuse to cooperate)
As of Section 32, 66, 67, 68, 69, 81(1)(b), 81(1)(c), 82(1), 84, 85, 87, 92, 96, 97, 98 & 100.
- Fine not exceeding ten thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years.
Offenses including entering the Permanent Forest Reserve, use of the forest road, grazing, allowing to graze. Collect or remove any forest produce or minerals; clearing or plowing the land with agricultural or other purposes; using poisonous or explosive substances for the purpose of catching fish or set traps or snares.
As of Section 47, 50(4), 81(1)(a), 81(1)(d), 81(1)(e), 81(1)(f) & 83
For more information on forest offense in accordance with section, please click here.
Acts which relates directly or indirectly to the National Forestry Act 1984..
- National Land Code (Act 56 of 1965)
- Criminal procedure (revised 1999) (Act 593)
- Penal Code (Revised 1997) (Act 574)
- Evidence Act 1950 (Act 56)
- The International Trade in Endangered Species of 2008 (Act 686)
- Mineral Development Act 1994 (Act 525)
- Protection of Wildlife Act 2010 (Act 716)
- Fisheries Act 1985 (Act 317)
- Environmental Quality Act 1974 (Act 127)